The San Carlo di Nancy Hospital, a first-aid facility accredited by the Italian National Health Service, was acquired by GVM Care & Research in May 2015 and underwent a restructuring and reorganization process.
Founded in 1932, the San Carlo of Nancy Hospital is located on the Via Aurelia, not far from Vatican City. The facility, classified as a general local hospital since September 1976, can treat about 15,000 patients a year under ordinary hospitalization. To date, the facility has about 450 professionals, including the medical and paramedical staff. The redevelopment interven-tions involved the demolition of all the architectural barriers of the hospitalization and polyclinic departments. In addition, the Group has invested heavily in technological innovation to sup-port its healthcare services, conforming to the highest standards required by law.
The San Carlo di Nancy Hospital has two operating blocks. The first, located at the center of the historic building, has five oper-ating rooms. The DaVinci Xi robotic system has been recently acquired and included in the first block. The second block is located in the new wing of the hospital, on the ground floor, ver-tically connected with the intensive care unit, with the radiology ward on floor -1 and with the emergency ward on floor -2. The entire block has been equipped with new devices for operating diagnostics. It features large spaces that include, in addition to the five beds of the intensive care and coronary units, four beds for sub-intensive therapy, a monitoring area, a changing room for visitors, a different changing room for staff and an office for consultations and relations with the family members of patients, in addition to the necessary technical rooms.